Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Swing when you're winning!!!

Straight off my previous post on how November started on a good run for me, I just into a second week cooler. I was decent cards and playing well, but still losing, highlights include AA running into a set against a unknown player, 22 vrs AJ vrs Ah3h on a 2hAxJx6h, set no good as river flushes. This was for a 400 big blind pot. A couple of other bad situations. Then I jumped into PLO to remove tilt and lost most of a buy-in. At the end of the weekend I was down c.4 buy-ins. The set of twos pot annoyed me a little as if I won I was breakeven, and because the flush was such a bad call. But I am aware enough to know this is variance and I really do want the flush draw in that pot every time.
A little disheartened after the weekend, by head was certainly elsewhere (I was apparently spotted sleep walking about the house on Saturday night). But I controlled the weekend tilt chi master style and 2 tabled two short sessions on Monday and Tuesday night to claw back 3 buy-ins. And this was after the following kick in the teeth pot.
 
I raise AJ in EP, MP calls, button calls
Flop is AJ5, villain bets, button folds, I call.
Turn is an Ace, villain bets, I raise, flat calls.
River is a 5, magic. His ace is going bust.
I bet, all-in
He flips AJ for split second nuts. Meh 300 big blind pot and we lose on the rake. House always wins.
 
I'm going to make the weekly venture into the €45 game in the jackpot tonight, although I may give it up soon. The field is approaching the €20 game and the €400 is no longer added. Its a long way away from the first night it ran, when the field was at top class for the jackpot and the buy-in. I am a firm believer that to be come a better player you must be surrounded by players that are better than you, and inversely surrounding yourself by players worse than you will only drag you down.
 
 
Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?
 
 

1 comment:

Mellor said...

The swing turns again, and I go on a horrible run. Running big hands into bigger, outdrawn, etc etc
I hate PPP.
I might move to titan soon, as there is a good sign up bonus available, points clear 6 times quicker with the BW code, $200 max I think