Monday, November 26, 2007

Quick Update For the Avid Fans

I played the tuesday satelite main event sat last week. And to be honest, I thought I should of easily got a ticket. the standard was really bad, at my starting table there was one player I would of rated as decent (a boards regular), one who appeared to understand position, and one who appeared to be able to fold a hand. The other 5 were terrible serial limpers, and they were sitting to my immediate left, which was a shame as I would of been far happier in seat 7 instead of my seat 1.
I didn't play many hands, and the ones I did were uneventful, 5 limpers to my BB, I raise to 4 or 5 BBs with KK, all limpers call, I open push a low pot as a pot BB, he raises to 3 BBs, i insta raise to 9BBs with 5 8 offsuit, and he folds, some makes a comment about my monster hand being obvious etc, its great being an unknown.
The next hand I get AK on the SB, flat call a raiser, his range is wide here as he shows up with muck alot, K high flop, I check raise he folds,
I lost a small amount twice when I called a raise in LP only to have an EP limper push behind. 5 limpers to my button, big raise with AK, limper pushes, I call and 55 stands up. I go home.
I was a little disappointed with leaving as the standard was so poor, even the boardie at the table surprised me, raising in EP into all the weak looseys, and showing up with trash.

to be honest I really wanted to play this, and by reports it was a great game. Congrats to the boardies who made the final table, (Lucky) Lloyd O'Farrell, (Norwich Fan) Rob Taylor who choped the tourney 3 ways for €16k and (Big City Banker) Noel Hayes who was 5th for €4,660. There should be some reports up on all blogs by now.

Elsewhere, im looking for a new satelite to concentration on for the next few months, but first I need to stop playing live on auto-pilot and give live players less credit for things like the ability to lay a hand down, and not being able to call without a big hand. As they appear to be my current favourite method of exit, huge bluff when I have a very tight image, only to be called by a player who suffers from "miopia cardia", which manifests as an inability to see past the two cards in your hand.


Anyway, i'm going to leave the quote out today, two much of a bad thing and all that.

Ciao

No comments: