Tuesday, November 6, 2007

November Rain

So new month spins around and my good run of late continues.
To set the story I need to go back to September.
I had a terrible run at online cash during September. It really was horrible. At first I starting second guessing my play, hindsight is 20/20 and maybe I should of gotten away from some of the hands. Some I was outdrawn, others I ran big hands into bigger ones, over-set, top two to bottom set etc. I ended up clearing my account and taking a break.
After a while I settled a bit and realised that the hands I lost were acceptable. I was outdrawn or if I got in in behind it was the right move, either through pot odds and EV, or simply ahead of his range.

I returned from my break from online poker towards the end of October. I wanted to undertake an exercise in bankroll management and in self control. I was never bad at either of these, I just want to prove I am able to grind up the limits. So I deposited $50, and set about grinding.

I only managed about 600 hands in October, but I played well and ran good, (18BB/100).

And as I said up above, the run continued into November. So far this week, I've played 1k hands, and as of my latest session, this 1k in November is at 35BB/100.
Of course I am aware that this is a tiny sample, and that it isn't possible to maintain that rate. But its nice to be winning. Most of my sessions have been about an hour, I don't have the time to stick in any more. My winnings since I started back playing have eclipsed the losses from September. I'm currently playing 20nl, but I hope to make the jump to 50nl soon. But, I will only be jumping with enough buy-ins for each level.



As for Live poker, I gave the SE sat a miss this week and decided to play the Jackpot tomorrow. If anyone happens to be there, sure come over and say hi.


All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure

2 comments:

rag2gar said...

Cheers for the shout-out in my blog. STT freeroll would be okay with me but we'd be doing well to get 9 bloggers I'd say. U gona be up for blogger of the year mell in poker awards 2007? You write more than me, thats for sure, keep it up

Mellor said...

I need to run alot better to get up through the stakes, to make this more interesting, i've ran pretty bad live these last 2 months, i think I have been playing ok, but 2nd guesing is a bitch