Thursday, October 4, 2007

Training, drinking, Losing, Gaining

So I finished up my microstation training course today. Nothing too exciting, but the "real" finish was yesterday as for everyone not from Dublin last night was their last night in the city. So after we finishing up the training for the day, we did what everyone does on such an occasion ans headed for a pint. Our venue of choice was Hogan's on Georges St, a nice bar with a good crowd early in the evening. The pints were nice, but not the cheapest mind with Heinekin @ €4.65 and Guinness @ €4.15
But we spent a nice couple of hours were spend there (6pm-12pm), then on to flannerys for another. It was at this point I decided to take a trip to the nearby Jackpot Club, as the Wed night game should of been almost over at this stage, and there was probably a decent crowd about. I spent a while talking to a few players about their night including Jeff (DitPoker), Gordon and the regulars from the Wed tourney. After a while I jump into the second table of the €1/€2 games with €170 in front of me. No major hands for a while, lose a bit when no draws make it. Lose a decent chunk to the cute chinese girl when my AK flops and ace and she has 3,7 for flopped two pair, I raised preflop and she called shortstacked, it was all in on the flop and I didn't improve. An orbit later an almost repeat hand. around €110 in front and get it half in on flop and rest on turn. I had top pair on the flop he had mid pair, turn made him mid two-pair, but the river was a magic 2 to pair the bottom of the board.
Back up to €220 but lose the lot to a set, I should of gotten away from it, I'm a clown.

I was about to head home at this stage as its about half three in the morning, but I decided to find a bank link and jump back in as for one, im better than the table, and two it will cost €20 euro to get home, and ill only have enough time for three hours sleep, none is better.
So I find a banklink after some stress and jump in €150, most of the money is in one players stack, and there are five players at the table (inc. myself). Within the first two orbits I remove two players from the table when I got it in ahead preflop against a shortstack, and when I turn the nut flush against the girl from earlier and she goes all-in.

Three handed I grind a few more chips after I fire bluff bets on turn and river a few times. I would of ended with much more if the player to my left was able to let a hand go.
Biggest hand of the night went like this.
button calls, sc calls, I rasie to €8 from the BB with A10.
SB calls, flop comes 555 and I check
He bets €10 and I call.
Turn is a 2 and it goes check, check
River is a 7, and I pause to think. I rule out any ace or a pocket pair due to his preflop play. The flop is low enough that I am happy that it missed him. I expect his range to be any two of 10,J,Q,K It I pot it he folds, if I check he checks behind alot here.
I bet out a smallish €15 and he re-raises to €70. ........Its want I wanted but I have to run through it again in my head. No pair, board missed and no higher ace. I call and he mucks before I flip over my cards, I show ace high and he flips his hand over from the muck showing KJ. I take in almost €200 here, looking back the bets could of been bigger than I have above.
He mumbles nice call but is clearly annoyed at it.
No other major pots and we stop it when the above player leave as only two of us left. I have €462 infront of me. I take the €2 left over to the roulette wheel and make €10 on two spins.

Cash-out for €470, which is €150 profit and its after 6am. There is no point going home as im in work in a few hours. So I hang around and watch a bit of the main round of each game, the Jackpot closes at 8 and I walf to work and get in early, sleepless and not quite sure how my night took the turn it did.

No comments: