Sunday, October 7, 2007

Another Sunday Afternoon

Rocking to the sound of my favourite tune, but not in the Jackpot for day two of the IPO. The IPO was a bit of a diaster for me. Nearly 1100 players in the RDS, was quite a sight, sadly the standard of play left alot to be desired.
I started off great, made a few decent plays and took down some decent pots in the first level. I took 10k starting chips to 12k quite quickly. But this is where it went downhill. I had a horrible run, nut flush draws, over pairs to the board and a table full of calling stations that wouldn't go away. Normally this is great, as when you make big hands you get paid, except here I never made a big hand. And the stations repeatedy hit. One guy called every one of my raise from the second level, and once he was in the rest called for value. To make it worse some of these lads were getting smacked in the face with the deck, flopped quads, flopped house and flopped nut flush, and this was only one player over one level.
I was getting ground down quickly and had to makea move. JJ in late position, I raise, station calls, flop is 9 high, so i push to take it down, and the station calls 3k into a 4k pot with a flush draw, turn and river are both 10s, runner runer trips and im out.
I run bad


I out a few euro on paddy power earlier, decided to have a punt on some sunday night football. So lets hope it comes through this time considering I was actually there to make the bet. So AC Milan, Sao Paulo and Santander all to win, comes in about 6-1. Or at least im hoping it comes in.

1 comment:

Mellor said...

Two results in and its looking good, Milan bang in 5 goals,
Only the brazilians left now, and of course they fail to perform, 1-0
no good.