Monday, October 22, 2007

Slip sliding away

It's been a busy week in work and I haven't manage to stay on top of this blog thing. Basically the guy who is running the job im on is leaving the company on friday, so alot of the work load is falling on me, much more responcability and i'll have to have more critical decisions involving big bucks, but i'll get no extra credit or cash (at least I don't think so). So the knock on effect to this is im not getting that much poker in this week.

On the gambling front, I went for a big accum bet at the weekend, with only Fulham letting me down, I know they're dodgy but it was feckin' Derby. I did manage to get a steal of a bet on the Argies to beat France.
At half time when up by 14pts
Paddy was feeling nice and gave me 5/6 on The Argies -5 pts to win
Shocking stuff paddy. -14 points would of been fair.


No new bets to announce yet.


I don't have alot of poker planned this week, small flutter about online maybe. But i want to play live on Weds. The €40+5 with €400 added is great. I had a great start to this, but last two weeks I played weren't great. Bubbled and then gone before break, although I got it in 60/40 ahead, hit trips on flop, he turns a straight and no board pair. I played three solids hands. Anmd even folded AQ on an A96 flop to a jack pot regular. For anyone who doesn't play regular in the JP any pair is the nuts, but I was fairly he had a set due to something he did.
I'll be there on weds, come over and say hi, not sure if there are any readers out there, let alone weds night student types.

On friday, I'll be playing a pub game, which I promised i'd never do again. But its a fundraiser for my dads P&P club, so its more for support than value. Gonna go rebuy mad, lag it up, and dish out runner runner to pub types that deserve it.


I feel like signing off in a nice way for a while, so here is a quote. I'm not going to say who by, to keep it interesting.

What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do

2 comments:

rag2gar said...

Pub games are all about runner-runner. You'll hear some classic lines you havent heard in a while like "show us your openers" "you gotta pay to see" and my personal fav "no betty you have a flush, you win the pot"

Gordon said...

I will be in tonight but I think im going drinking instead so expect some juicy action in the game later if i do make an appearance