Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bad display all around

Played the €45 FO in the jackpot this week. The standard was pretty poor as always. I started off ok, tried to bluff a station when "my" flush got there. He has two pair and raises (my actually hand was a pair) and I fold. Still, I'm happy with the bluff as most players were going to let go. Get back up with a straight, I flat called a river raise with the straight as the board paired and I didn't think less than a house was calling a push. In hindsight I am unsure.
Moved table. And boy is this a donkey stable. Two people opposite me are involved in every hand between them (often they're both in). Such gems as A3 calling solid raises to the river. Incredibly this was split (river pair and high board). So I decide to rock up and wait for a spot.
My bb (150), I have 3500. UTG+1 raises to 550 UTG+2 (male donkey, I believed they are called Jacks) calls, folded to me.
+1's range is probably tight. I have him on a mid to high pair, or a strong Ace with the raise I'm leaning to AK and AQ, as I'm seeing AJ & A10 limp here a lot in this game
+2 has anything, any ace, most Kings, a lot of suited cards, all connectors and of course pairs.
its 400 more to me into 1325, I am holding QJ spades, I think I am getting the value (23% equity) to call so I flick the chips in.
Flop comes: 7 8 J
UTG+1 bets 800, calls
Decision, top pair, I feel im ahead of UTG+1 a good bit, AJ is my only fear, unless he has an over pair. I lean towards AK continuation bet or 99/TT with a gutshot (he checks a set here), I come over the top al-in, ( quickly dismiss UTG+" as he never has an over pair here, and will call down with all sorts of draws and one pair hands.
Both insta-call and I sigh
AJ for UTG+1
9,10 for UTG+2
So the first has my only major fear and the other flops the nuts with his connectors. Right move wrong flop.
I think I should be going back to the uber rock game for the €45 F0, its just too sick a game with the uber LAGs in town.
 
In the meantime, I'll have to rock up on Friday at the pub game if I don't want to spend the night complaining of sick lag pub type (apparent) players.
I leave again with another quote. I'll will try to theme them to the post, but I might just put up one I like.
 
Let fortune do her worst, whatever she makes us lose, so long as she never makes us lose our honesty and our independence
 

No comments: