Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Change of Pace

So, i've started my run at satellites. Currently playing a few of the cheap ECOOP sats on ipoker. My first few at low stake as I want to get used to the structure and situations of satellites. So far i've played a wide variety of types, MTTs & STTs, rebuys and freezeouts.
I feel MTTs are better as STTs normally only offer one ticket for 1st, the STTs quote agro, so there are normally a big stack or two when 5 handed, you need to run good here to take first. Also a STTs will never have an overlay. It you watch the MTT sat list you can occasionally spot one. For example, some of the ECOOP feeder sats have 4 seat to the GF guaranteed. I also prefer freezeout, as the games play tighter so it suits me better and also the levels are in general longer, the early stages of the of the rebuys are quite lag and the levels are quick.

So far I have played 4 sats, and won one ticket. Although, I was close to bubble twice. Although technically the sat I won was to another sat so I have played 5/paid for 4.
The sat I won brought me through to the final sat to a ECOOP event but failed to take a ticket. I made a bluff on a paired flop when I raised the button, only to find the BB had made trips from the rags he called with.
As I speak in currently heads up in a STT satellite, and i'm not doing well. Cards are not helping, and this guy is very agro.

In other poker news, GJP announced their feburary festival, which includes a €1400+100 event with a whooping 50k starting stack
Details found Here!!

I plan to keep plugging away at the ipoker sats, get a bit of practice in. Then make a decent run at the various live sats to big events coming up.



Edit: After a yo-yo heads up battle, I took down the STTs for a ticket into the GF sat to the ECOOP#1. Its only a $33 ticket, but I am doing this to improve my satellite game not to play huge events. Baby steps.
Hopefully, I will find myself in enough critical bubble plays and by running over the games afterwards, it will become natural.

No comments: