Monday, October 8, 2007

Satellites and long shots

So the big poker weekend has passed. It was a bit of an anti-climax for Mellor. Crashed and burned in IPO and was tempted to go the monthly game in the SE but felt that my head wasn't in it. I still enjoyed the week all the same, I got chatting to a few lads and got names to faces, Rag2gar and Valor at trhe break and FatboyDim who I dropped out to the RDS.

I did a bit of thinking about cash verses STTs and more and more im swaying towards cash. STTs have crazy varience, its a shame because I have a decent endgame in STTs when my head is in it. I don't want to drop tourny play completely. So i've decided to continue playing cashes to try build up a decent roll, but play some STTs or even small MTTs, but only certain ones. I mostly want to keep these to basicly get better at them and bring this to my live game. In my opinion to do well at tourney play you have to adapt to the changing structure, this is most important from bubble point onwards, players who dont consider this change end up with the blinds eating them up. This is of course more prevailing in the lower levels. Understanding ICM is a big part of good endgame, while reading through some tourney threads on boards I came to the conclusion that ICM is an even bigger factor in satellites as so different.

So armed with this knowledge I have decided to only play satallites for a while, I wil be going over to PokerStars for this as I can cash in satellite wins. The only downside is that the bank are taking their getting my new card out to me, so I've no online funds at the moment (except a few quid thats in paddy power sports section). Any ideas for a scheme to earn a few $$$ for stars until I get my card up and running

In continuing my fashion of placing football bets and all but one coming in, I went for an eightfold tonight. Lets hop I can break the chain, even if more than one loser is welcome. All to win as follows:
Sundsvall
Leyton Orient
Linfield
Forest Green
Stevenage
Chelmsford City
Bashley
Witton Albion

No comments: