Thursday, October 11, 2007

Blog from a far

 
So this is my first time trying this. Im posting a blog remotely by sending an email, hopefully it shows up on my page. So whats been happening lately, played the Jackpot €40+5 game last night, disaster. First hand I play I raise te button with AJ, get two calers, have played with both before and they might have me down as a loose player, which im not at all. First is loose passive, second is tight passive. Flop comes A96, check, TP guy beys out 700 into 1200 pot, I get the feeling he likes the flop but I call, LP folds, turn is a 10 and he ships it. I dwell up and fold announcing I think he has a set and lucked out with a flopped two pair, I show my ace and he tells me after wards he had a set.
I now fold every hand for 30 mins, two limpers to my BB and I raise figuring that they will get out of the way of my tight self, BB calls, flop is ace high and I bet BB calls, turn is check check and he bets 1/4 of the pot on the river, I fold and wonder how I got myself to 10 BBs
4 limpers to my BB, I push with A5, one caller with 89
flop: 556
(I announce 7 on turn and pair the board on the river)
Turn: 7
River: 3
I run bad
 
 
In other news, the bet I placed yesterday was good, I check results last night but I wasn't paid by this morning. Lunchtime today and Im still not paid, a polish match is pending, finally got it at 2ish, With my winnings I had a go on the horses, took McCoy in the 2.50 Wincanton, he was joint favourite and PPP were pushing the other fella on the main page, I got him at 11/4, he ran at 9/2 because the other fella took alot of betting, McCoy rides home first and im good.
I have a theory on PPP and irish sport, most of the money is going to be going on Irelands side, so it makes sense for them as bookies to have the odds nuged away from Ireland, ie giving them worse odds than they deserve, like offering 6/1 when 8/1 is a fair price, but the backlash of this is that the other team is offered at a better price than they deserve. For example, if you bet against Ireland in every rugby group match handicap bet, you would of win. Granted Ireland had a bad RWC, but PPP failed to adjust when Ireland failed to show up, their handicap against france was shocking considering irelands previous games.
Bear this in mind and have a look at the soccer handicaps for Ireland verses Germany
 

No comments: