Saturday, October 27, 2007

Make-Over

No, not me the blog (although I could probably do with a tidying up). Today I went out ahead and changed the blog layout and colours. For some reason, its taken me the best part of a month to notice that Gordon had the same background as me. Dunno why, it was completly obvious, but I was probably blinded by a sick run of his or similar. Other chages to the blog included that beginning of Blogs list, theres a few names in there now but I plan on adding to it. There three that are in in now are some of a few that I keep an eye on and are updated regularly (Gary doesn't so the daily anymore though, he should)

As for the pub game last night. I approached it with extremely low hopes, no expectations and an open mind. I was let down. I expected the horrible turbo 5 or 6 hands a level structure, I was ok with the shorthanded tables, and knew the standard of play was going to be the dregs of it all. But I couldn't believe my horrible bad luck. I decided to sit about until I made a decent had and ship it, most likely getting a caller. Various races included
JJ vrs 99.....9 on river
QQ vrs A10....ace flop
K10 vrs 77 and 8K on a 2JQK flop, in on the turn with 2 players, 7 on river

I was always ahead in chips getting it in so I never went bust (until the break) so at least I didnt disgrace myself with a rebuy, but it went like this for an hour and a half.
I get it in ahead, I lose, I grind it up, and repeat. When I had hands I got paid off, but if I won some of the races above I would of been chip lead contender and could of play a little properly. lol pubaments indeed
I find it quite hard to believe that I once played these games in oubs, but I still believe that last night was the worst one I ever did play.

I was tempted to go with another Bob Dylan quote sign off (The Times they are a chaging) but instead I leave you with this:


There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.

2 comments:

rag2gar said...

Nice new blog. Far better than the last (how you didnt realise it was identical to Gordon's I'll never know!). I'm glad to see you'd like me to update every day (not sure why though?-Its not like I've got much interesting things to say). I shall try a daily one again so but its oh so tough

4percent said...

Put up a nice new blog about my name for ya.