Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Tuesday Trauma

PLO \pee-el-oh\, noun:
1. Disease; symptoms include extreme urges to gamble, 4-Bet any ol' spanners to get the loot in pre-flop and shout "chips" out loud
2. A card game invented by Lucifer himself when he decided that Hold'em just didn't have enough variance

So everybody knows of the Monday madness in the jackpot. Its the €10 entry with unlimited €5 rebuys. Well, it just got worse. Duke has decided that the sickos should get a fix on Tuesday as well. Which resulted in a round of each, Hold'em and PLO, tourney with the same unlimited €5 rebuys.
The inaugural tourney was last Tuesday, and a fair few turned up. Rag2Gar, KillMe002, Bohsman, Trish and the annoying guy from the jackpot, about 4 of the Jackpot dealers jumped in and the field ended up coming to 25 runners. The rebuy stages were essentially all-in madness. I was fortunante enough, in the first two hands I played out, to get it in with a straight flush draw in PLO and hit (straight), then stack a player in hold'em with a boat. From here I was table chip lead and wasn't all-in during the rebuy stages. Although, lost a few pots against the "new" 2500 stack and finally a large one with AA to finish up with 12k during at the break.
Pretty uneventful until the final table, standard stuff, ship it in with the nuts, any 4 cards will call in PLO. And hope you stay ahead. I came to the final table a shortish 23k (35-40k average, but that was mostly in two stacks). Second round, my button, first PLO of the final table. 6 limpers into me, (thats everyone), I pot it with AKQQ double suited, 6 players see a flop.
Flop 4 6 Q........Folded to me I push, called by 66xx, he has only the case 6 to win and it never comes.
 
The tourney ran quite late, and around 3ish, we burst the bubble. Prizes; 325, 210, 125, 80, 45
More than a few needed to make top three to show profit.
4 handed, blinds 3k/6k. UTG pushes for c.40k. Button  shoves pretty quickly
I have 77 and just under 60k, but 6k of that was in for BB. I dwell and fold, putting the button on a PP. I was right he had 44.
In hindsight I should of called as even if I lose to the button I still take 3rd, but winning has me as chipleader.
 
Anyway, a gut-shot and flush hitting latter, i'm busto for third.
An enjoyable but late night.

No comments: