Monday, August 25, 2008

Round up, round up

This will be a short post. Well at least I think it will. I never realy plan these things out and just attempt to (as Gary clark puts it) talk freely.

Went to Citywest for Vera's birthday bash. Quite a few runners. Too many infact. The free entry, while it encouraged lots of people, a €50 buy-in would of resulted in a quaility over quantity field.
Most of my citywest action was intially focused on the table games. And was quite the swingy adventure. Down at Blackjack. Sicko dealer. I start with 7,4 to an exposed 7. Double down please. Ping a King, Bingo. Gets to the dealer, Peals a 4, then a 10. push. The first of many runner runner 21s for the dealer.
Change to the hot blonde (dealer) table, instantly back in the black.
Lets try roulette. I spin up, I spin down
Reload. imporve to €100
€100 on black, Keith Rooney trys to talk me out of it explaining how its a losing bet. I had to laugh, how is it a losing bet, if it hits black I win a €100. Red.
Walk away.

Return and repeat. I need karma, Sammy sticks the case 40 on black with me. Black, robusto. Dump the €100, and spread the board, three winning spins dumping €50 each time sees me showing profit for the night when the forth spin misses.

Jump into omaha. Blinds 1/1 Sit in with €300.
Straight draw flush draw. All-in. Hit the straight. Double double.

Then, a sick hand.
I've AKT9 in the BB. UTG+2 raises to 6, 6 see a flop.
Flop AKK
Turn a J, manage to get all in 4 ways. Two stacks of 300+ and 200. Other has my 550 covered. PF raiser has AA, god knows what the others had. Some how I take the side to have only lost 100 or so.

Win a few, then this
I've QQ8x in the BB. Its made 5, 3 players call. I call.
Flop is Q93
I check (the table has be betting alot with draws and such, but little or know raises on the flop (unless made 5 card hands),
its checked around.
Turn an 8
Not good, I check. MP bets 40. SB makes it 120 (he has 300 or so behind)
I fold, not happy.

But dispite these set backs, the AKK the biggest i'd played (bar tourney final tables with more on the line), I managed to leave the table a reasonable winner. Just shy of 800.




Currently focused on quailifying for the Irish Festival. Bought into the weekly final last week and started wekk, made a ridic move rep'ing the flush. Set calls.
This week I said I'd enter via the daily route. I ticket bubble tuesdays sat. I should of tightened more. I take a ticket on thursday. Its kicking off right now.
Here goes.


Update:
I decided to hold back on posting this until the optimum moment. posting it early surely results in angering the poker gods, wishing for luck etc is bad form.
So under the guise of an update, heres the wish me luck part.
its the second break, i'm 13 out of 27 remaining (72 started). Have been dealt good starting hands early. KK twice and AA, but failed to see a flop twice, and the secong i didn't go past the flop. Online tellbox obviously.

No comments: