Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Swim a Mile wth a Smile

First, some charity.
You might not think it to look at me, but when I was younger I swam quite a bit. I gave it u have way through secondary school, and have long want to get back ito it. This weekend, I'm getting my chance. I decided to put to my name down for a charity mile swim, to raise money for child cancer research (a pretty worthy cause imo). So this saturday, i'll be taking to the water for the first time in a few years.
Wish me luck,


I managed to get oneive game in last week.
It was a pretty successful. Of sorts.
I made the final table, (only 16-18 runners), as the chip leader. I had only played a few hands, but I got paid off each time.
But, thats were the good news ends, onthe final table I literally could not win a hand. Alot of the table was quite short, and I found myself on the bubble rather rapidly (4 paid places). I now had half my stack from the beginning of the final table. The shortie was very very short, like 4 BBs.

Cue lots of me folding and not being able to stay ahead. Eventually coming 4th.

Congrats to Keith Rooney for taking it down, but I was disappointed that such a poor player came second (deck, face, smack).
And also, Keith, if you happen to read this. I think your call on my busto hand is pretty bad.




Anyway, onwards to the cash league final, I only have about 55 hours right now, so i'll put in a few on friday, to prehaps clear 70 odd.

1 comment:

rag2gar said...

Nice form leading up to the cash legue mellor, no wonder you performed so well. Keep on truckin my man