Friday, September 28, 2007

First Post!!

In the last week my lifestyle, as I knew it, changed completely. This time last year I was entering the final year of my degree, this time 4 months ago I was preparing for a summer in the states and for the last month I was an unemployed graduate. As of last Monday (the 24th), I am a working professional. I started at a top Dublin architectural company, for the first time in my life I have a salary. And today I got paid for the first time since I quit my part time job a year ago (excluding a stint in America as a piano mover).
The relevance of this, not much. But over the last year money has been tight, having to put money aside for the states and general spending money meant that I had little cash to spend on poker, one of my hobbys. I had a small amount in a PPP account that I used to play with, but only micro limits to prevent bordom. I occassionally tripped into The Jackpot for a cheap tourney, or a college game. But I couldn't afford to play any of the higher buy-in games. So now that I have a job I am hoping to have some disposable income to invest in online poker and some of the decent games around dublin.
Stay tuned for news.

No comments: